Monday, February 2, 2009

Guitar Art Hero




In this lesson I created an introductory PPT that allows the student to view and learn about 9 different artist. The students fill out a guide that is to help them arrange information about the artists. The students use this guide to help them choose and artist or art period that intrigues them. I did this unit with 5th grade students it, taking approx. 3-4 40 minute classes.


Then the students create a large scale tracing of a guitar outline and use a piece of famous art from art history or from the PPT to use as inspiration for the art that will cover thier guitar. Students create a sketch on the base of the guitar then fill it in with a chosen medium.


I was amazed at how much my students loved the powerpoint. They were talking about their feelings toward the artist styles as well as relating it to history. I loved this unit!


My powerpoint, actual lesson plan, guide sheet and guitar outline can be found at






No comments:

Post a Comment